From: John Carr <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint Reported Marker Values
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:20:34 -0700

Charles, I was looking at your DNAPRINT log. Given the discussion that
has been taking place, wouldn't it be useful to record the results like
on the mtDNA log, noting either the entire result or specific
deviations from a specified standard occur?

If this were done then perhaps the results could be used for more than
just an evaluation of the expected versus the reported.

John Carr

On Jun 4, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Charles wrote:

> You are correct. DNAPrint does report the allele values for each
> marker. About 71 for version 2.0. About 175 for version 2.5. And
> with the new Euro 1.0 the report the allele values for about 320
> markers. What they don't tell you is which chromosome the various
> markers are on and they specific location on the chromosome. Some have
> deduced a few locations but not many. The allele value are hard
> scientific data. The assay interpretation by them of what the data
> means is where the statistical estimation enters into the results.
>
> Charles
> http://www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm

This thread: