From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNAPrint Reported Marker Values [triangle plot] -- Euro1.0 triangle
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 21:24:48 -0400 (EDT)

Ann wrote:
> Charles, you may have mentioned this before, but was your Euro 1.0 test
> displayed as one big triangle (three points), or four little triangles to fold into
> a pyramid showing all four percentages?

I believe they are picking the smallest ethnicity and arbitrarily
assigning it to zero, just as they have been doing for the global
tests. Otherwise, they would not be able to plot the MLE on the
unfolded surface of the tetrahedron -- it would be somewhere in the
interior. By looking at the plot, it is, of course, possible to
estimate what the "missing" percentage actually is (but, also of
course, the "missing" percentage is presumably rather small).

John Chandler

This thread: