From: "Andrew and Inge" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] R1b and DYS437
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:54:28 +0200

Dear David

Yes, in the myths there is mention that a very early people, who sometimes
appear to be a fairy folk, came from Spain. Perhaps some monk made the link
via the words Hibernia, with late Latin h dropping, and Iberi; or perhaps
not. In any case the link is tenuous. Many myths of founders from Troy were
also developed in the late Roman world, clearly based upon the Aeneas myth,
so it is clear that such Roman-educated guesses happened.

Best Regards
Andrew