From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project - Admin Status Report - LONG email
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 15:51:36 +0000

Well things are not working well for my Shetland Project so far. This morning I received notification that an Anderson had joined. I checked his paternal and maternal ancestry - all Ireland. I have asked FTDNA to set things up so that someone cannot just plunk themselves into my Project without having the word "Shetland" or "Shetland Islands" in the paternal or maternal origin boxes. I figured something like this would happen, but perhaps FTDNA is leaving it to individuals to chose, which can be disasterous for geographical projects.

David F.

> Hope the subject will encourage other admins to give a status report about
> something that has actually happened - since there's a lot of speculation about
> this subject. As of today I have ancestry info from both Kinney males who added
> their Geno data to FTDNA, and one has already ordered a 37 marker upgrade. This
> is a report of what I've learned at this point - it may help other admins.

<snipped>

This thread: