From: "George Haynes" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project - Admin Status Report - LONG email
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:18:03 -0400

David,

There is obviously an Anderson surname project at FTDNA.
http://www.geocities.com/herb194/index.html My wife's family are Andersons
from Northern Ireland [I1c "root" variety]. Encourage him to transfer to
that project and he may email me for help if he so desires as we have an
extensive Anderson family file.

When you enter Anderson in a FTDNA surname search for some strange reason
your Shetland Islands Project comes up as one of three results, so I'm sure
that's where his honest mistake occurred.

George Haynes

Well things are not working well for my Shetland Project so far. This
morning I received notification that an Anderson had joined. I checked his
paternal and maternal ancestry - all Ireland. I have asked FTDNA to set
things up so that someone cannot just plunk themselves into my Project
without having the word "Shetland" or "Shetland Islands" in the paternal or
maternal origin boxes. I figured something like this would happen, but
perhaps FTDNA is leaving it to individuals to chose, which can be
disasterous for geographical projects.

> David F.

This thread: