From: John Carr <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project - Admin Status Report -
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:28:04 -0700

Melksham, UK SN12 6LX.

I have not looked to see where that is yet. Many Kerrs moved to York
and became Carr after they were evicted from the Borders by James I of
England. I am collecting information on First Carrs, meaning earliest
known Kerr ancestors, if you care to share off list.

This participant is R1b and fits in with the rest of my R1b Carrs,
meaning he deviates by +/- 2 alleles from modal at the same markers as
the rest of the Carr participants, but matches no one else closer than
9/12.

John Carr

On Jun 5, 2005, at 2:17 PM, George Haynes wrote:

> John,
>
> Where in England? My grandmother Ellen Carr was born in Bradford,
> Yorks
> and the previous generation in Darlington, Durham. Unfortunately,
> there is
> no living Carr male from our US line to Y-DNA test.
>
> George Haynes
>

>> Another Genographic participant, this one from England, looking good.
>>
>> John Carr
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2005, at 9:39 AM, David Faux wrote:
>>
>>> All this NGS work can only benefit all of us ultimately. Just a
>>> few
>>> rough edges which are expected. FTDNA rocks :-)
>>>
>>> David F.

>> Jumpstart your genealogy with OneWorldTree. Search not only for
>> ancestors, but entire generations. Learn more:
>> http://www.ancestry.com/s13972/rd.ashx

> http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: