From: (David Faux)
Subject: RE: [DNA] SWAMH Question for Whit Athey.
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:42:51 +0000

Terry:

It is quite astounding how close many of us R1b types are to the SWAMH - especially if one is Celtic or Iberian. However on the first 25 markers although the ancestral Faux haplotype matches the SWAHM 20/25 there are no matches at the 23/25 level except cousins with the same surname. Even those who don't have the ancestral haplotype (I am two off) don't have any high resolution matches with any other surname in the FTDNA database of 30,000 plus, most of which are R1b. I do have two matches with other surnames via RG, Payne and Wingfield, both also from the Suffolk and Norfolk areas. It apparently does not take a deviation of many markers to put one in the "all alone" category.

David F.

> Alan, I guess that you are looking for the next step beyond Whit's SWAMH
> analysis? For those who haven't seen it, it's at:
>
> http://www.worldfamilies.net/Super%20Western%20Atlantic%20Modal%20Haplotype.
> htm
>
> If you do find something, I'd like to add it to the references we post at
> World Families Network. We also welcome other useful articles to bookmark.
>
> Terry

This thread: