From: "gareth.henson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project - Admin Status Report -
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:07:19 +0100

John

Although Melksham is indeed in Wiltshire, the post code doesn't prove it as
postal code boundaries do not coincide with county boundaries. County
boundaries in turn have been altered at various times ever since the 1830s,
Swindon is now a "unitary authority" and not part of Wiltshire for
administrative purposes. And the nearest major town to Melksham is Bath,
formerly in Somerset, then part of Avon, and now a unitary authority called
"Bath and North East Somerset"!

I understand American boundaries are much more stable and zip codes
allocated in ranges to each state.

Gareth
Cardiff, Wales
(formerly Glamorganshire, then Cardiff County Borough, then South Glamorgan
County, now City and County of Cardiff!)