From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:40:28 -0400

I wrote:

> Good find, Allen. I think this just showed up today on personal pages. The
> fee to transfer results to the Genographic project is less than had been
> projected. As I understand it, you must do the procedure twice with two
> fees to transfer both Y-DNA and mtDNA. Am I correct?

When I ran the order procedure the first time I had a choice of Y-DNA OR HVR
(mtDNA). I picked Y-DNA. Then I went back and started again; this time it
only listed the option for HVR. I paid for that. Using the Back key, I
reached a screen saying my results had been transferred. Going into my
personal page from scratch, there is no longer was a category for
Genographic Project. In other words, to transfer both you have to run the
procedure twice and pay the fee twice. It will NOT let you transfer the same
results twice. Simple procedure; low fee; no complaints.

It sends you an e-mail (or two if you transfer both types of results) with
your NGS code number - different numbers for each type of DNA. Using this
procedure, a man doesn't have to pretend he is a female to transfer his
mtDNA.

The information on the NGS page is supposed to be available the next day.
I'll check tomorrow.

Oops, I just read Julia's e-mail about the need for a SNP test to transfer
Y-DNA results. I didn't have a problem since I've done that already. But
nobody else in our Hurst project has done a SNP test. More later.

Bill Hurst

This thread: