From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:57:14 -0400

I see no genealogical benefit, but I don't think that's the point. We all
know that 12 markers constitute a pretty skimpy set for genealogical work,
and looking only at HVR1 for mtDNA is in the same boat. But I will
participate because I am all in favor of getting as much data as possible
into the hands of the population statisticians in the hopes that they will
be able to construct better and more reliable maps of human wanderings
about the planet. Also, it makes me feel good to put a couple of bucks into
the hands of the Genographic project to support Wells' vision, and if FTDNA
makes a couple of bucks for handling the transaction, that's OK with me too.

I have already signed up to get my father's mtDNA and my Y-STR data into
the Genographic data bank, and I will send in my own mtDNA as soon as it is
available. (Batch 109 delays)

David Wilson