From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:12:46 -0400

That's what I was going to guess. I haven't been SNP tested by FTDNA, but I
was not prevented from coordinating with the Genographic project on that
basis. I have dozens of 12/12 matches. I am sure one of them has been SNPd.
Mindful of Ann Turner's principle that two identical 12 marker haplotypes
have never been demonstrated to belong to two different haplogroups (Ann, I
know I am stating this a little more strongly than you did), I imagine that
is what is driving the principle of acceptance. If a potential submitter is
asked to verify a haplogroup by SNP, that just means the exact 12 markers
he shows have not previously been SNPd as a group.

David Wilson