From: Kenny Hedgpeth <>
Subject: Re: [ISOGG] Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:04:33 -0700

Note just an FYI ... if you are a R1b like me and it's "not" been
verified by a SNP tested ... i.e. FTDNA was able to do a prediction
based on your Y-DNA test results and the number of matches in the
worldwide database, which is most likely correct :) you may be asked to
order a SNP test to confirm your haplogroup, before being allowed to
upload your 12-marker records ... this probably applies to other's who
have had their haplogroup estimated also :)

Although I have a gentleman in my hdpth-DNA project who was estimated to
be an I, and the link off of his personal page will allow him to upload
without ordering the SNP test :)

his Y-DNA test results must show something too far in, to not be
anything, but in the realm of being an I ....

Ken -
hdpth-DNA

This thread: