From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:26:25 -0400

Ken:

As I understand it inorder to do an upload without having to do a SNP
test you must have an exact 12 marker match with others previously SNP
tested and listed in the haplogroup tab section of your page at FTDNA.
If you have 1 or 2 step off matches, while they may be able to estimate
your haplogroup, they will not allow it to be uploaded to the
Genographic Project without further verification, i.e., a SNP test. From
what I understand there has not been a miscall with a 12/12 match to
someone else previously SNP tested in FTDNA's database. So FTDNA will
allow you to upload if you have the 12/12 match with someone previously
SNP tested as reported in the haplogroup tab of your account page.

Charles

Kenny Hedgpeth wrote:
> Note just an FYI ... if you are a R1b like me and it's "not" been
> verified by a SNP tested ... i.e. FTDNA was able to do a prediction
> based on your Y-DNA test results and the number of matches in the
> worldwide database, which is most likely correct :) you may be asked to
> order a SNP test to confirm your haplogroup, before being allowed to
> upload your 12-marker records ... this probably applies to other's who
> have had their haplogroup estimated also :)
>
> Although I have a gentleman in my hdpth-DNA project who was estimated to
> be an I, and the link off of his personal page will allow him to upload
> without ordering the SNP test :)
> his Y-DNA test results must show something too far in, to not be
> anything, but in the realm of being an I ....
>
> Ken -
> hdpth-DNA

This thread: