From: (Raymond Whritenour)
Subject: [DNA] Re: Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:04:57 -0400

Folks:

I'm going to have to eat my words (see below). Initially, my FTDNA page
said that I would NOT need any additional tests to upload my first 12
markers. So, I decided to join the project, but when I did it only
allowed me to upload my HVR results. When I returned to my page, the
language had changed--now saying that I must be SNP tested before
uploading!

Still, Bill has found people who have no 12-marker matches who uploaded
without SNP tests, so it must be more complicated than we think.

Ray Whritenour

-------------------------------

Charles (and all):

The determining factor for uploading to the project without a SNP test
must be more complicated than this. I was assigned R1b by FTDNA, with
nothing closer than 3-step matches for the first 12 markers. I score
only 35 ("Fair") on Whit Athey's haplogroup predictor. However, FTDNA is
certain enough of my haplogroup that I do NOT need a SNP test to upload
to the genographic project. Go figure!

Ray Whritenour

P.S. - I DO have the "Greater Frisian" R1b diagnostic markers described
by Ken Nordvedt.

This thread: