From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:23:28 -0500

William L Harvey wrote:
> It is possible the approval/denial decision is being done through the
> new IBM number crunching program developed for use in the Genographic
> Project analysis.

What about the mtDNA transfers? HVR1 is not exactly enough to
be sure for lots of people.

I'm a J1 (they call it J*) and while I have perfect matches
to other people in HVR2 I don't to anybody in HVR1 (two differences).
They don't indicate I need another test to be converted to the NGS.
Thus their criterion for mtDNA may be looser than for Y-DNA.

Doug McDonald

This thread: