From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:43:12 +0000

No Ray, as far as I can tell it is absolutely simple. If it says that they have predicted you as whatever on the FTDNA Haplogroup page (just above all the list of matches) then their filter will let you through. Although my uncle has no matches he is so R1a ish (without a single exception at the 11/12 to 10/12 levels) that their algorithm has made a call thus no need for me to get a SNP test - which would be insulting since he has been tested for the deeper M17 rather than the their basic SRY10831.2, R1a marker. No way would I have purchased a SNP test whose result is known with certainty beforehand.

David F.