From: "David M. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 22:47:00 -0400

I don't think an apology is owed you or anyone else. Those deep
ancestral origins are part of your genealogy, like it or not. Your
hostility to exploring those origins is puzzling. (What are you afraid
of learning?)

The comment was in reference to people too cheap to pay $15 for the
transfer fee to the genographic project. For most of us participating
in molecular genealogy projects, it doesn't make sense to object to
shelling out an additional $15 after spending more than a hundred
dollars for the other DNA testing -- and possibly hundreds or thousands
of dollars on other types of "conventional" genealogical research --
based on cost alone.

I don't think the original post was intended to denigrate those who
choose to opt out of the genographic project for other reasons.

I suggest easing up on the attitude and indignation. Your reaction is
entirely out of proportion to whatever offense you have perceived.

Dave Lawrence

--
David M. Lawrence | Home: (804) 559-9786
7471 Brook Way Court | Fax: (804) 559-9787

"We have met the enemy and he is us." -- Pogo

"No trespassing
4/17 of a haiku" -- Richard Brautigan

This thread: