From: "Phil Goff" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Genographic Project Upload Tab - Now Available!
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:58:30 -0500

I1a's,

I just resubscribed so forgive me if I repeat something already posted. When
I tried to upload to the Genographic Project earlier today, I was locked out
on my Y-STR results as there was not a SNP-tested haplogroup I haplotype
exact match in the FTDNA database. The close matches were I, I1a, I1a1, etc.
I am almost certainly I1a (455=8) and contacted FTDNA and there was some
confusion about uploading my results because of the differing predicted
subclades of I. The problem was quickly resolved and I was allowed to
upload. I can't speak for all haplogroups, but if you show "I" in the
haplogroup prediction and have 455=8, you should now be able to upload.
(Glen, I understand that you have some unusual markers and this may not
apply to you specifically.) Thanks,

Phil