From: "Ian Kennedy" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:28:30 +0000

David wrote:

That's what I was going to guess. I haven't been SNP tested by FTDNA, but I
was not prevented from coordinating with the Genographic project on that
basis. I have dozens of 12/12 matches. I am sure one of them has been SNPd.
Mindful of Ann Turner's principle that two identical 12 marker haplotypes
have never been demonstrated to belong to two different haplogroups (Ann, I
know I am stating this a little more strongly than you did), I imagine that
is what is driving the principle of acceptance. If a potential submitter is
asked to verify a haplogroup by SNP, that just means the exact 12 markers
he shows have not previously been SNPd as a group.

David,

Your idea sounds plausible however under my haplogroup tab I have no 12/12
matches, my estimated R1b is all based on 11/12 or worse. I suppose though
that they may have a 12/12 SNP-tested sample from within the genographic
project but my profile is quite rare (392=15) so I would be a bit surprised
if they've got one already - I only have 4 12/12 matches to date.

Ian Kennedy

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

This thread: