From: "ernest hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA upgrade to GenoProject
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 05:40:11 -0400

John

Your opinion is, of course, your prerogative - as is mine. Even though this
"project" doesn't do you (or me) any good today, it might later on or might
help or interest someone else, either a current member of the Blair or
Hurst project or someone who has yet to join. Like you, I am now more
interested in the last few hundred years, but who knows what the future
might hold. If you have some reason to be "anti-National Geographic", don't
believe this project serves any purpose and have zero interest in what
might be revealed in the future, then I guess that's OK, but it does
"surprise" me, as I said before.

I respect your opinion, but stand by what I said.

Ernie Hurst

DNA,
> or you can order a test kit directly from Family Tree DNA."
>
> I doubt there many members of this list who are more involved in
> conventional genealogy and the use of DNA testing to suppliment
> conventional genealogy than me. I've been involved with DNA testing for
> almost 3 years and manage one the largest and most successful DNA Surname
> Projects at FTDNA.
>
> Just because I have no interest in anthropology (excuse me, I guess I
> should say "deep ancestral origins") doesn't mean I'm not interested in
> genealogy.
>
> I think you would find that the majority of the 25,000+ participants in
the
> more than 1,100 surname projects underway through FTDNA are far more
> interested in their ancestry over the part several hundred years as
opposed
> to going back thousands of years.
>
> Your attempt to shame those of us that are not interested in this
> anthropological study into joining so you can further your own interests
is
> insulting.
>
> I think you owe all of us who are very interested in DNA and conventional
> genealogy but have no interest "deep ancestral origins" an apology.
> John
> -----
> John A. Blair
> Goffstown NH
> http://blairgenealogy.com
> mailto:
> BLAIR DNA Project Coordinator
>

> At 06:58 PM 6/7/2005, you wrote:
> >If there's anyone on the list that can't afford or won't let go of
$15.00, I'm
> >surprised they were ever involved in DNA testing, or genealogy either,
for
> >that matter.
> >
> >Ernie Hurst

> http://www.ancestry.com/s13969/rd.ashx