Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA Analysis for Conventional Genealogy vs. Deep Ancestry
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:28:27 EDT

Hi Ken, It is very possible that the genealogy research is correct in that
documents, actually, prove the descent from a particular line, but sometimes
adoptions or indiscretions occur in the line and are not documented,
therefore, the DNA doesn't match the research.

I think that the Societies would be hard pressed to accept the DNA as the
last word, as the line of the person who tested would have to be proven with
documents, also. It will be a long time before the Societies will change their
methods.

What erks me is when the Societies have accepted a person on erroneous
documentation. If correct documentation can be reinforced by DNA proof, then they
should take notice.

Julia

In a message dated 6/8/2005 9:37:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,