From: "Sharon Bryant" <>
Subject: R1b and DYS 385a
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:32:35 -0400

Hello,

I think I know the answer to this question but want to get a more learned evaluation.

My sons submitted Y-DNA samples (they have different fathers) and the first one has come back. I suspected, no, expected a R1b haplogroup. What I did not expect was one that was 11/12 with the WAMH modal which has no matches.

His test revealed a 10-16 at DYS 385a, b instead of the WAMH 11-16. Is there something (anything?) special about this combination at this location or am I just looking at a mutation which has no tested matches?

Thanks,

Sharon

This thread: