From: "Kenneth V. Graves" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA Analysis for Conventional Genealogy vs. Deep Ancestry
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:56:25 -0400

Julia wrote:
<It is very possible that the genealogy research is correct in that
documents, actually, prove the descent from a particular line, but sometimes
adoptions or indiscretions occur in the line and are not documented,
therefore, the DNA doesn't match the research.>

That is always a possibility. I do assume that as the most likely scenario
when the DNA test results of a descendant do not match those of any other
known Graves family. However, in the specific example I cited, 2 of the 4
groups of presumed descendants are a 25 of 25 match with another Graves
family in America, and a third group is a 24 of 25 match with a Graves
family in England. Nothing is impossible, but those matches make it very
unlikely that there was an adoption or other "non-paternal" event.

Ken

This thread: