From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] DNA Analysis for Conventional Genealogy vs. Deep Ancestry
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:14:58 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think deep ancestry is as big a problem as the posts about the mechanics of FTDNA's project sites. They are voluminous and of little long-term value. I can't believe we had so many posts on such a mundane topic as how to transfer data to NGS.

FTDNA set up a forum on their own site for such questions. From what I have seen, any questions about their operations get a quick and definitive response from Max. Many times these same questions have already been answered there.

Bob Stafford

Andrew and Inge <> wrote:
I wonder if the genealogical questions are really being pushed out by the
"deep ancestry" discussions. It is my impression that everyone on the list
is interested in the genealogical use of DNA.

This thread: