From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Kittler test on E3b - And a Bit more about E
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:43:50 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew & List:

It appears from Cruciani's data that almost all
European E-M78 results are of the "Balkan" haplotype
and, in fact, the vast majority of Europe E3b results
are within this sub-clade. Unfortunately, Cruciani
doesn't really define the "fourth cluster" of E-M78,
which is the other haplotype that occurs in Europe,
albeit a much lower frequency than the "Balkan" type.
Interestingly, it occurs in Europe at its highest
frequency (6.3%) among the French Basque, with
Sicilians a close second.

I found the very low frequency of E-M35* rather
intriguing among Estonians. Otherwise, it is in
agreement with Semino's haplogroup E findings. This
sub-clade appears to have trickled over from North
Africans into Portuguese, Italian, Spanish & Jewish
groups. E-M81 also appears to have trickled over at a
very low frequency from North Africa.

The puzzle for me is E-M123. Semino reports this
sub-clade in low frequency in the Middle East and
Europe, but in Cruciani's data, it is basically
non-existent except for .9% in Romania.

Ellen Coffman

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2005-05/1117471070

> As I wrote there, my only authority is Cruciani and
> Dennis Garvey's
> websites.
>
> ...now that you mentioned it, I did however google
> those marker names in
> Cruciani which no one explained to me, and noticed
> happily that A7.1 is
> DYS460. Therefore I can confirm that I, and most
> people who match Garvey's
> proposal for alpha, are DYS460=9. Some are
> DYS460=10.
>
> I also note that DYS413 is not tested commercially,
> and is not (as still on
> some websites such as Kerchner and Duerinck) the
> same as YCAII. It seems to
> be called YCAIII. In any case no one on public
> databases seems to have
> tested it. For YCAII most people in the
> Garvey-defined alpha group are
> 19,21. (All on ysearch are 19 and then 19, 20, 21,
> or 22, but 19,21 is the
> clear mode).
>
> Best Regards
> Andrew

> New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and
> search for your ancestors at the same time. Share
> your tree with family and friends. Learn more:

http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour.aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429

This thread: