Subject: Re: [DNA] Mother - Father mtDNA [Warren County, TN]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:53:38 EDT

writes:

> I am a newbie on this list and still waiting for Y-DNA results. If you
> need mtDNA results for Warren Co. I will go ahead and test. Which
> company do you suggest and if you wish to reply off list the address is
> .

I don't have a formal project in place for Warren County, although I'd be
happy to collect mtDNA data on an informal basis. The website for my
"Correlations" project is down right now, so I may need to find a new home for it, but I
think it would make an ideal testing ground (hint, hint to someone looking for
a dissertation project!). I have entered the entire 1850 census into a
genealogy database, then correlated it with other kinds of records, such as marriage,
land, probate, cemetery, and so forth, plus GEDCOM contributions from people
with ancestry in that time frame. There were 8468 individuals, and I have now
grouped 4621 of them into one tree, linked together by ties of blood or
marriage.

Do you have a straight maternal line back to Warren County in 1850 or so? If
so, please send it to me off-list, and I'll add your name to the individual
records in my database as an interested party. I think the most economical way
to get started would actually be to enroll in the Genographic Project. You
could enlist a female relative to take the test, or I gather that you can have
your own mtDNA tested by checking off "female" when you return your form.

Ann Turner

This thread: