From: "South" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Participation in Genographic Project (Inconsistencies)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:08:10 +1000

David,

You make a good point regarding a M170 status.

I believe the Genographic project associates M170 with Celtic migrations.

To my thinking given the present locations of haplotypes, I2* has the
stronger relationship to Hallstatt and La Tene Europe and the various
historical Celtic migration points east.

Although the movement of people out of the Balkans, is possibly associated
with the second Kurgan development in eastern Europe.
Data from other projects suggest that not all subclades of M170 will have
taken the same route north and west to their present locations.

12 markers is a small number for groups like I1c/I2*.

Grant South