From: "Mary AsaWoman" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP TEST and NGS PROJECT
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:42:53 -0700

I think I can try to answer your question.

As a female, the DNA testing I could have done is mtDNA and biographical.
Therefore, I had my mtDNA tested by Oxford Ancestors a number of years ago
and took the 2.0 and 2.5 upgrade from DNAPrint. Results from the DNAPrint
European ancestry 1.0 test are pending. I, myself, never used FTDNA, even
though my daughter's dad was tested by them.

I signed up for the National Geographic Genographic test directly through
their web site
www.nationalgeographic.com/genographic
and received the kit, which I returned. The kit has been received, but not
assigned to a batch (I believe the lab has to have a certain number of
samples before it can make up a "batch."). Cost: $99.95+ sales tax and
shipping.

Therefore, one does not have to be part of FTDNA in order to participate in
the National Geographic Genographic project.

Mary+cats