From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS 385 10,11 BROWN
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:33:43 -0400 (EDT)

Dave wrote:
> DYS 385a,b = 10, 11 (FTDNA) for two BROWN surnamed donors. Could be low,
> high.
> No match (12 out of 25).

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying these test subjects
have just 12-marker results, and FTDNA doesn't report any matches? Are
you saying they have 25-marker results, uploaded to one or more public
databases and have no matches there within a distance of 12?

> *Both* earliest identified BROWN ancestors lived in Sherburne, Chenango Co.,
> NY in the 1830s. No paper connection except through marriages.

The big question is how close these two are on their other markers. I
surmise that you wouldn't be asking for advice if they were a close
match overall, but just how far apart are they?

John Chandler

This thread: