GENEALOGY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2005-06 > 1118349112-01

From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP TEST and NGS PROJECT
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:31:52 -0400

Jon wrote:

> However, since my original message and your considerate reply, I have
> learned that ALL persons who have tested at least 12 markers with FTDNA,
> can upload their data to the NGS database. They DO NOT have to do a SNP
> test to confirm their haplogroup to qualify for the NGS benefit. This is
> good! Not sure if the other DNA testing companies are >offering the same
> benefit.

Where did you learn this? It appears to be incorrect and not logical. I just
checked one of my sponsored project members and his page still requires him
to take a SNP before transferring his results to the Genographic Project.
Since every man who has taken a Y-DNA test at FTDNA has at least 12 markers,
the whole issue would not have come up unless my statements were true. If
FTDNA is changing this policy, tell us.

Bill Hurst

This thread: