Subject: Re: [DNA] Joining two DNA projects
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:47:52 EDT

Robert,

Since you are a Davenport, belong to the Davenport Surname DNA Project, and
your Y-DNA matches other Davenports - I'm not sure why you would want to quit
and join a different surname project. The Y-DNA follows your straight male
line. Your Y-DNA would not match anyone in your maternal or your father's
mother's lines. Or any other non-Davenport male line.

However, if you are talking about joining a geographical project too, that's
a different story.

Bill Davenport

Davenport Surname DNA Project Administrator

In a message dated 06/09/2005 12:26:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I currently belong to the Davenport FtDNA project.

Does anyone know how I can join a second, or third project?

If that is not possible, does anyone know who to leave one project, and
join another? Obviously, the Davenport project already has my data, so
they really don't need me any more.

This thread: