From: Robert Davenport <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Joining two DNA projects
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:00:41 -0700

I'm the administrator of the Jackisch project, but they won't put it up on
the list of projects until I have at least one person in it.

And they won't let you be in two projects at once!

And I can't get anyone into the project, if they don't know it exists.

The real solution is to allow us to be in two projects at once.

At 02:47 PM 6/9/2005, you wrote:

>Robert,
>
>Since you are a Davenport, belong to the Davenport Surname DNA Project, and
>your Y-DNA matches other Davenports - I'm not sure why you would want to
>quit
>and join a different surname project. The Y-DNA follows your straight male
>line. Your Y-DNA would not match anyone in your maternal or your father's
>mother's lines. Or any other non-Davenport male line.
>
>However, if you are talking about joining a geographical project too, that's
>a different story.
>
>Bill Davenport
> >
>Davenport Surname DNA Project Administrator
>
>------------------
>In a message dated 06/09/2005 12:26:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
>

>I currently belong to the Davenport FtDNA project.
>
>Does anyone know how I can join a second, or third project?
>
>If that is not possible, does anyone know who to leave one project, and
>join another? Obviously, the Davenport project already has my data, so
>they really don't need me any more.

>Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the
>last 12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
>http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: