From: Robert Davenport <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Joining two DNA projects
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:10:05 -0700

I am hoping to find people, once there is a project.

I have a male cousin I can test, but want to find a second person, first,
so that we have something to compare.

I've already got myself and my dad tested in the Davenport project. So now
I thought I'd start a project for my mother's last name.

But most people will just surf the site, and if they don't find their
surname, they will just bail. But if they see the surname, they might
just sign up.

I'm investigating the websites for all my ancestors, but if there isn't
one, I'm not going to start one, except for my mother. The other surnames,
I'm going to leave it to others.

At 03:25 PM 6/9/2005, you wrote:
>Well, usually, when someone starts a Project, they order the first test of
>their male relative of that name. If you don't have a participant, then why
>start the project?
>Julia
>
>In a message dated 6/9/05 5:01:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
> writes:
>

>I'm the administrator of the Jackisch project, but they won't put it up on
>the list of projects until I have at least one person in it.

>View and search Historical Newspapers. Read about your ancestors, find
>marriage announcements and more. Learn more:
>http://www.ancestry.com/s13969/rd.ashx

This thread: