From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP TEST and NGS PROJECT
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:54:12 -0400

David:

Yes David. I think this is the first clear cut example (if it holds up
upon tighter scrutiny and double checking) of two or more people SNP
tested and being placed into different haplogroups and yet having
exactly the same 12 marker haplotype. It looks like the overwhelming
majority of the 12 marker matches are SNP'd into the R1a haplogroup. I
wonder if the two R1b matches should be rechecked by the lab that SNP'd
them to rule out the possibility of "clerical" or other errors, etc.

Charles Kerchner

This thread: