From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] all name project
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:35:24 -0400

Shirley wrote,

> Was there a note regarding a project that will take one name and make
> it a project so participants can get a discount, I am looking for a
> Mielak.
> Shirley Becker

Shirley, I believe the project you are referring to is the World
Families Network. They have set up many projects for families for which
no family member had yet begun a project.
I searched there,
http://www.worldfamilies.net/search/search.php
...and since Mielak is not a very common name, they haven't set up any
project for it.
As they say on that page,

> You may also contact us for the latest information;... if a project
> does not exist, we will create one for you

So if you are not feeling ready to start a surname project yourself
directly with a company, they will help you get started and provide a
web page.

Here is their registration page to request this:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/register.htm

There is no need to use their service, however, since the testing
company, Family Tree DNA, will also help you set up a project and give
you a web page. This is one of their pages giving information on
surname projects. You can write to them for further info.
http://www.ftdna.com/surname.asp

Good luck!

Bonnie Schrack

.