Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA classification and help
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:58:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2005 8:31:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

Phylogenetic tree
diagrams and lists of motifs are probably the easiest and clearest way
of seeing how this works.

Easy for you to say! I have looked at these and looked at these, and, given
a specific mtDNA sample, have yet to be able to figure out where the sample
goes -- the trees and lists don't seem to have the specific differences I'm
looking for, or the branch seems to be defined by something not in the sample
I'm trying to evaluate. This is one reason I have "blown off" mtDNA analysis
so far!

Anne

This thread: