From: Philip Ritter <>
Subject: Another possible C3 not confirmed; was Re: [DNA] Haplogroup C3 confirmed
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:48:37 -0700

We had two related participants in the Ritter project who were estimated to
be C3, based on 4 matches (2, 3 and 4 step) to C3 (with no other matches to
anyone else) in the haplogroup FTDNA database. Some may recall some
discussion we had of this some time ago, related to Asian ancestry among
Germans and "PA Dutch" (Charles take note). One of the participants signed
up for the SNP test many, many months ago and the results finally came in a
few days ago. They are P37.2+ M217- or I1b. So here is a case where the
haplogroup prediction clearly failed.

When I was tested for I some time ago, I was only tested for the higher
level, P19. It looks like FTDNA has refined their I tests and now test
down to I1x levels. Perhaps the long-awaited super-I test is almost
ready. I also notice that the other predicted C3 participant is now
predicted I1b based on their one-step difference with the nearly tested
participant, who has already been added to their haplogroup database. So
the more people who are SNP'd (presumably also including NGS participants)
the more accurate the predictions are likely to become.

It also looks like FTDNA is finally getting through some of their SNP
backlog. Now if they can just get to our Baughman participant who is being
tested for M20 (L) but has no clear predicted haplogroup. He had results
expected on 2/27/2005 and then 3/4/2005.

STR values for participant originally predicted to be C3 but found to be I1b:

393 = 12
390 = 25
394/19 = 15
391 = 11
385a = 12
385b = 12
426 = 11
388 = 13
439 = 11
389-1 = 14
392 = 11
389-2 = 29
458 = 18
459a = 8
459b = 9
455 = 11
454 = 11
447 = 25
437 = 14
448 = 22
449 = 30
464a = 11
464b = 14
464c = 14
464d = 14

At 08:44 AM 6/10/2005, you wrote:
>Results of SNP test ordered 11/04 are in: Haplogroup C3, M217+
>confirmed for haplotype:
>
>393 = 12
>390 = 24
>394/19 = 17
>391 = 9
>385a = 11
>385b = 12
>426 = 11
>388 = 14
>439 = 12
>389-1 = 14
>392 = 11
>389-2 = 31
>458 = 17
>459a = 8
>459b = 8
>455 = 11
>454 = 12
>447 = 28
>437 = 14
>448 = 20
>449 = 28
>464a = 12
>464b = 12
>464c = 16
>464d = 16
>
>Roanne

>Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the
>last 12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
>http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: