From: "John A. Blair" <>
Subject: Re: High Mutation Rate in Second Cousins
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:25:47 -0400

David,

Have you consulted the FTDNATiP to see what it calculates for probability
based on the markers you mismatch on. Base on the results of the Blair
project there is an 11.4 - 14.0% probability of a common ancestor within 8
generations and a 35.2 - 40.5% probability of a common ancestor within 12
generations.

Although I would hesitate to connect two people based sole on the test
results, if the paper trail is solid I would accept the test results as one
of those "rare" events.
John
-----
John A. Blair
Goffstown NH
http://blairgenealogy.com
mailto:
BLAIR DNA Project Coordinator

At 09:04 PM 6/10/2005, you wrote:

>Now the match drops to 32/37. What is very strange is that a distant
>cousin, "IF" (MRCA bon 1618) also mismatches both of us on 3 of the four
>markers. What is it about those four markers and the Faux family?

This thread: