From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Project goal reached
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:36:47 -0500

LewisHart wrote:

> List, The HART DNA Surname Project has reached one of its primary
> goals. The goal was to obtain about six participants who were direct
> line male descendants of Deacon Stephen Hart with documented
> ancestry. Deacon Stephen Hart was born abt. 1605 in Braintree, Essex
> County, England.... Three of the participants are
> from the John line, two from the Thomas line and one from the Stephen
> line.

> I am looking for committs about the relatedness of the individuals.
> It appears that participant 32027 would be the ancestral
> haplotype/modal haplotype. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

That's a pretty straightforward result. Without any additional
information I would agree that 32027 would be the likely closest
to the ancestral type, except perhaps at 576. But since you have
a paper trail, it would be helpful to know which of the six
testees group with which son of the ancestral type.

Also ... please, since you seem to know the paper trails completely,
add the data to Kerchner's Y-Chromosome log for mutation rates. It looks
like a large and useful set of data.

Doug McDonald

This thread: