From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Found - Europe's oldest civilisation (4800BC) - links,etc.
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:58:19 -0400

Hi Ray,

Twenty-five hectares is something like 60 acres. Maybe that is the
explanation - settlement and rebuilding over an extended period.
However, I thought that the article mentioned none of the settlements
having existed for more than 100 years. Given what's known about
Central European dendrochronology (tree ring dating) and radiocarbon
dating, then these sites should be datable with some excellent accuracy.

Dale
________________________________

Raymond Whritenour wrote:

>Dale wrote:
>
>"I am confused by the last paragraph in "The Independent"'s report: "One
>village complex and temple at Aythra, near Leipzig, covers an area of 25
>hectares. Two hundred longhouses have been found there. The population
>would have been up to 300 people living in a highly organised settlement
>of 15 to 20 very large communal buildings."
>
>"The second and third sentences of that paragraph don't match up,
>content-wise."

>I don't think all 200 longhouses were in existence at the same time, but
>were built and decayed, at intervals, over a period of 200 years or so.
>
>Ray Whritenour

>Find your ancestors in the Birth, Marriage and Death Records.
>New content added every business day. Learn more:
>http://www.ancestry.com/s13964/rd.ashx

This thread: