Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA classification and help
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:35:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/2005 11:50:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

Anne, does this help ?

Ian,

This does make the results more comprehensible. I think my personal
situation is such that I have no idea why 8 cells is not as reasonable as 64 (
although I do understand why .5% is more reasonable than 4%). Or whether 120
cells would be unreasonable in the other direction. I suppose that's from having
one year of HS biology when Watson & Crick were t brand new news and one
semester of environmental/Population Biology in college 30+ years ago -- most
memorable due to the professor having a habitual nose twitch and launching into
a lecture concerning the introduction of foreign species into an environment
without natuaral predators...take the introduction ::twitch: of the
::twitch:: rabbit ::twitch:: into Australia ::twitch::. But I digress.

Now that I understand how the model works and what the results mean, I will
work on my understanding of reasonable input parameters.

Anne

This thread: