From: "Andrew and Inge" <>
Subject: More on E3b1
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:58:03 +0200

We recently discussed the distribution of E3b1 types in Europe which seem to
disperse from the Balkans. I said that I thought diversity in this type is
much less north of the Alps. Perhaps the new update of YHRD has some bias
but even then I was surprised when I recently did a check around the modal
norm for this haplotype. The Balkans remains the centre of diversity, but
Stuttgart showed a surprisingly high number of people with not just the
basic haplotype found all over Europe, but also many variations. There are
many other German cities which have big samples in YHRD, so this is a bit
interesting.

Speculation. Stuttgart is far enough south to be in an area effected by the
Romans and Celts (and possibly the Boii?), so perhaps this gives some
credence to those who think these peoples helped spread this haplotype. Any
other theories?

This thread: