From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Current thinking on native British haplotypes
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:34:52 -0300

I agree with you about the Campbells. I don't think they will admit
anything though. DNA is sure shaking up a lot of family trees. The Kincaids
were said to be Galbraiths but my research questioned that long ago.
DNA seems to prove that the connection is not there. The Galbraiths are
a mixed bag and hard to draw any conclusions on as far as their origin.
I thought the Kincaids might have been Crawfords as there
is lots of evidence for this. Wrong again apparently. The Kincaids
appear to be actually native to the Campsies and possibly a good indication
of the Strathclyde Britons. Most of the Kincaid matches are with good old
Welsh names. However, I have not ruled out a Danish connection yet.
It is disappointing to see that the Lennox Clan has not jumped onto the DNA
wagon. This may reveal a lot.

Best wishes!

Peter

At 12:11 PM 14/06/2005, you wrote:
>Peter
>
>I agree that Campbell shouldn't be used as Brythonic. As a MacDonald I
>wasn't delighted to include them but I believe that they are dalriadic,
>mutating from the basic Colla signature of 13 24 14 10 11 14 to 11 15 at 385
>(as have a number of MacDonalds including me)and mutating at 458 from 18 to
>19. The Campbell project can speak for itself but I believe that both the
>Brythonic and Norman theories are now substantially discredited and arose at
>a time when all things highland and irish were politically out of fashion.
>
>Accordingly, although I applaud the attempts of the McEwan map, I question
>certain portions. Although Clan Donald is genetically diverse in paternal
>lines, a large portion is in common (within the last 1500 years) with
>MacGregor,Livingston,Campbell, MacMillan, MacLaren, Stewart, and Buchanan
>and are dalriadic.
>
>Mark MacDonald

This thread: