From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] YHRD Update [haplotype diversity]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:05:48 -0400

Ann wrote,

> This is down from about 40% in prior updates, but it shows that we
> haven't
> reached a saturation point yet, even with just nine markers. Sometimes
> people
> wonder if their results can be correct when they can't find a match in a
> database as large as YHRD, but we've just scratched the surface of
> what's out there.

Hear, hear! So very true! And there is still nowhere near enough data
that includes the extended haplotype markers. When I recently searched
YHRD in response to Phil's prompting, I began to see how extremely
useful the inclusion of 438 is. Since J2 seems to nearly always have 9
at this marker vs. J1 and many other haplotypes having 10, I can sort
out the real J2 matches from others that might confuse the issue. Let's
hope a lot more of that extended data comes in!

Bonnie

This thread: