From: Crystal <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Another one
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bonnie Schrack <> wrote:
<snip>
> itself to offer DNA testing for tribal membership.

In this case it appears that one of the criteria is
y-dna association (which is purportedly more accurate
that like a biogeo-print type test). Tho it did
mention establishing a "percentage" .. I didn't find a
bio-geo type test on their website.. maybe they
remarket that in their pitch to the tribe. As an
aside, I did notice the article also said that one had
to trace back to the DAWES rolls - not all tribes use
the DAWES as their tribal enrollment criteria (there
were many "rolls") - think they need a fact checker
for that article ....
Anyway I imagine one or two might get a shock when
they get their y-dna test.

This thread: