From: "Andrew and Inge" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Campbell DNA Project Speaks Up
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:00:02 +0200

Dear Granuaile

The Gaelic and Welsh languages of today divide the insular Celts into 2 neat groups. Modern linguists feel that to some extent this division into two misled them for some time and many of them are questioning the idea that there were ever 2 neatly divided groups before the Middle Ages.

On the other hand this still does not answer the question of whether Gaels and Cambrians of one period, say the dark ages and early middle ages, might not have had distinct DNA populations. As far as I know, no one has shown any such thing?

Best Regards
Andrew