Subject: Re: [DNA] My mtDNA results are in
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:53:10 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/05 8:31:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Some of the few mitosearch posts that include 93G assign it to H1, H* or
> even H7. I don't know what the justification for those assignments would be,
> given the H-clade charts that FTDNA provides. I am unsure about the import
> of 16519; in one chart that mutation is used as a discriminant that
> precludes membership in H1. In a different chart, H1 is a possible
> classification for motifs that include the 16519 mutation.

http://www.ftdna.com/hclade.html

I'm guessing that the chart that uses 16519 as a discriminant is based on
Achilli's paper, which presents the results for just 62 individuals. I've noted
before that some of the mutations in red (HVR regions) seem to be specific to
those samples, not found in most people who had been tested for the H subclade.
I'd be skeptical about using 16519 as a discriminant, given that it's a hot
spot.

This thread: