From: "" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] mtDNA
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:18:37 -0400

Do you mean you are waiting for the HVR2 test or the H-refine test? I think
you have to do HVR2 before they offer the H-refine extension, but I may
have misunderstood that.

They were a little slow getting my HVR1 and HVR2 mtDNA results out. I and
my father both had samples in batch 109. His results were reported nearly a
month ago, and mine just came out yesterday. His results panels were both
reported at the same time. Mine came out in two pieces about six hours
apart.

The H-refine testing is slow by nature, and beyond that FTDNA lets test
orders accumulate so they can batch them. They don't send in H-refine tests
one at a time.

So results can seem slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are
problems with the testing process.

David Wilson