From: <>
Subject: Re: RE: [DNA] mtDNA
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:27:54 -0400

David,

Yes the refine test. Sorry I'm new at this and sometimes I have a hard time explaining.
Mine is also batch 109. Due 5/27/05. I e-mailed them and they said it could be a few more weeks?
And they told me they are having problems with this test as a whole.(H Haplogroup)
I don't want to start anything here so I will not post what they told me.
I'll just have to wait.

Jim C.

> From: "" <>
> Date: 2005/06/15 Wed PM 03:18:37 EDT
> Subject: RE: [DNA] mtDNA
>
> Do you mean you are waiting for the HVR2 test or the H-refine test? I think
> you have to do HVR2 before they offer the H-refine extension, but I may
> have misunderstood that.
>
> They were a little slow getting my HVR1 and HVR2 mtDNA results out. I and
> my father both had samples in batch 109. His results were reported nearly a
> month ago, and mine just came out yesterday. His results panels were both
> reported at the same time. Mine came out in two pieces about six hours
> apart.
>
> The H-refine testing is slow by nature, and beyond that FTDNA lets test
> orders accumulate so they can batch them. They don't send in H-refine tests
> one at a time.
>
> So results can seem slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are
> problems with the testing process.
>
> David Wilson

This thread: