From: "Dra. Ana Oquendo Pabón, MD"<>
Subject: Re: [DNA] "European" mtDNA X2b? in the Bahamas DNA Project
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:58:21 -0400

Peter,

I presume that you already have downloaded the article by Reidla,
Kisivild et al "The Origin and Diffusion of Haplogroup X"

There are some very good phylogenetic diagrams of Haplogorup X, and its
sub groups X1 and X2 which includes the X2 subclades X2a, b, c, d, e and
f. A mutation 195 and a transition at 1799 is specific for all the X2
sequences including the NA Haplogroup X2a reported in the article. There
is a nice table of all the polymorphisms in HVR1 and HVR2 found in
samples including those in the literature which were used in the study.
The 195 is a mutation which I don't see in your participant.

Regards,
Ana

Peter J. Roberts wrote:

>The Bahamas DNA Project has its first mtDNA X
>haplogroup. I suspect s/he belongs to the X2b
>subclade which includes differences from the CRS at
>16129 and 16519. S/he also has a difference at 16223
>which would indicate European origin. S/he does not
>have differences which would indicate Ojibwa, Navaho,
>or Nuu-Chah-Nulth origin. If you are knowledgeable of
>mtDNA X, please provide your insight. S/he is 6CUJP
>in www.mitosearch.org
>
>Thank you and sincerely, Peter
>
>Peter J. Roberts
>The Bahamas DNA Project